GSS Appreciation Lunch
When: 23rd November, Tuesday.
For whom: GSS Team includes security guards, janitors, gardeners, bus monitors, drivers, car washers, electricians, painters, carpenters.
How many: total 149.
How Can we appreciate?
- Order, cook a certain number of meals/ desserts
- Write a appreciation notes and bring to the front gate on Tuesday, will be placed inside the bag
- Draw a card to appreciate them.
- You can volunteer on that day in helping pack the lunch.
- you can donate money to buy lunch and dessert. The donation box is the welcome center. The deadline for donating money is 3:30 pm, Thursday the 18th.
- Contain meat or chicken with rice or potatoes.
- Include utensils
- include a drink (soft drink/juice)
- packed individually to avoid spilling
- Each box must have 4 pieces of desserts.
- please avoid ice cream and large cakes.
- If you order food, please arrange the payment directly with the vendor and request them to deliver the foods to the CAC front gate on Tuesday the 23rd no later than 2 pm.
For further information please contact
Ms. Ereeny Gawdat
The Avis Bohlen Award honors to Ivana Lawrence (Ex PTO President), the accomplishments of a Family of a Foreign Service employee whose relations with the American and foreign communities at post have done the most to advance the interests of the United States.
The award recipient must have made a significant and meaningful impact on not only the U.S. mission community, but especially the adopted community of their host country.
Ivana Lawrence has served as a PTO president of CAC since 2020-2021 academic year.
Please see the letter from the faculty & staff DEI team requesting our participation in the AIM survey by Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Kindly note that the survey is available in English and Arabic. Thank you. PTO DEI
CAC have engaged with the National Association of Independent Schools to use their Assessment of Inclusivity and Multi-culturalism to gauge and improve the inclusiveness of our school community for all members.
A component of that process is an anonymous survey, designed and tested by the NAIS, and administered by their organization to ensure security, anonymity, and confidentiality of the information that each respondent shares.
We are asking you to take 15-20 minutes out of your busy schedule to complete this survey by Tuesday, November 2, 2021. You can access the survey by clicking on one of the following links:
Below are a few other things to keep in mind as you progress through the survey:
The survey can be completed on a laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone device.
You must complete all of the required questions in order to advance through the evaluation. Required questions are marked with a red asterisk.
As you move from page to page in the evaluation, please use the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of each survey page.
The system will record your response as you advance through the questions. You can leave the survey at any time, and return later to resume your response. Simply click Save and Resume Later. The system will generate a URL for you to use in returning to the point where you left off and continuing your entry. You can choose to copy that URL and save it, or to have the system e-mail the URL to you.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this very important assignment.
DEI Design Team
Hello, CAC Community!
Here are some important updates from the PTO DEI Committee. Please email us with feedback, questions and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CORE Values focus for October is Courage. Courage is facing your fears by demonstrating physical, mental and moral strength. See the flyers with parent recommendations for books about courage to read with your children, and stop by the MHS Library to check out Ms. Ennis’ recommendations.
- The faculty and staff DEI design team are inviting parents to take part in the next crucial step of the AIM Survey by join a Discovery Group. Sign up AIM focus group survey.
- Please submit a recipe for the PTO cookbook, Family Favorites: Celebrating CAC’s Culinary & Cultural Diversity The deadline for submissions is October 31.
- We are asking local businesses to sponsor the cookbook and receive recognition on the title page. All donations will go to the PTO to continue to fund events, activities, school divisions, charity donations, and its emergency fund. If you know a business owner who might be interested in sponsoring or have suggestions, please email the DEI Committee at email@example.com.
- If you know any multi-lingual students interested in earning service hours as PTO language liaisons, please have them sign up here.
- Mark your calendars for the first PTO DEI Discussion Circle Wednesday 10/13 @ 1:30. The focus will be on wellness and the conversation will be facilitated by our PTO Wellness committee head, Shayanne Salama. Location to be announced
A call for parent volunteers from the CAC Faculty & Staff DEI Design Team to join the Discovery Committee discussion on October 27, an essential step in the AIM online survey to be conducted soon. Let’s support our teachers and staff!
We hope this email finds you well. The faculty & staff DEI design team is in the final stages of preparation for the AIM survey and discovery groups. Please note that the AIM online survey will be open for you to complete from October 19 – November 2. CAC has set a goal for 80 – 100% participation from PTO. A link to the survey will be provided on October 19th.
On October 27th, the faculty & staff DEI design team will be coordinating the next step in the AIM Survey process which is the facilitating of Discovery Committees. The function of Discovery Committees “is to conduct the school self-assessment through small group discussions on various aspects of the school and involve a cross-section of the school community” (AIM User’s Manual, NAIS).
The Discovery Committees are an important opportunity for you to work in small groups to reflect upon the climate and culture of CAC as it relates to DEI and share your experiences as they pertain to specific topics related to the focus of your Discovery Group. In order to do this, we need to allocate everyone to a specific group. We’d like it to be a group you have some interest in, so we’d like you to fill out this survey. When filling out the form, please select “Other” at the bottom of the list of faculty and staff and add your name.
There are also a couple questions asking for some of you to serve as facilitators and note-takers. These roles are non-participatory, meaning that you’d be expected to focus on your role and responsibilities, rather than contribute your opinions to the group discussion. We need several folks for these roles, so if you feel you could help in this way, please let us know! We’ll have a training session for these roles after the survey time on October 19th. Please note that the timing of the discovery groups will be 12:30pm-3:30pm (EET) on October 27th.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about this upcoming survey or process, please feel free to reach out to the DEI design team chairpersons, Matthew Miller or Kamara Coaxum.
Faculty & Staff DEI design team—